TechSpot

Wiping video drivers

By frozed
Apr 16, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I just got a new 7800GS and I want to be sure that everything is good and ready to go before installing. I heard there was some nice free program that gets rid of all video drivers and sometimes just going through windows dosent get rid of them all. I also want to know if i should reninstall windows to make things faster? I just want to know some steps to take before plugging it in basically. I currently have an ati 9250 in there.

2. wolfram

wolfram TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,605   +9

Try Driver Cleaner PRO :)

3. CCT

CCT TS Evangelist Posts: 3,556

Unless you have had recent virus/trojan/worm problems, a clean install is hardly necessary.

As far as drivers and Windows uninstall - I have upgraded several times (second card, 4th set of drivers) and have always found XP Uninstall worked like Mr Gates expected.

That becomes your preference. Me, I don't add third party stuff to my comp unless I REALLY need it.

:)

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.