Wired mouse sticking but not on other PCs

jalba

For a couple months now, my CyberpowerPC wired mouse has been sticking intermittently on my PC, in the sense that it cannot move across the screen; however the buttons and roller still work.
I have also tried using the mouse on other PCs, and it works fine.
So far I have uninstalling/reinstalling it, as well as unchecking the power save option in the USB hub, to no avail.
Any assistance is welcome.

Try cleaning any oxidation off of the ram memory chips and then uninstall and reboot again, also clean out the slots where the memory chips go down into the motherboard..

You just take the memory chip out and use a qtip immersed in isopropyl alcohol to clean the contacts, also clean the slots where the chip slips down into the motherboard. If that don't work then there could be the fact that if the mouse is not optical, that is mechanical with a ball, then the mouse needs cleaning. You can disassemble it and clean the dust off of the mechanical parts, but I don't think that would be it if it works fine on other pc's. The only other thing I can think of would be to flash the BIOS in case it has become corrupt, since the BIOS essentially controls hardware functions.

Last edited:
You just take the memory chip out and use a qtip immersed in isopropyl alcohol to clean the contacts, also clean the slots where the chip slips down into the motherboard. If that don't work then there could be the fact that if the mouse is not optical, that is mechanical with a ball, then the mouse needs cleaning. You can disassemble it and clean the dust off of the mechanical parts, but I don't think that would be it if it works fine on other pc's. The only other thing I can think of would be to flash the BIOS in case it has become corrupt, since the BIOS essentially controls hardware functions.
I forgot to mention that I tried using another mouse on my PC, with no issues.

Maybe go to the manufacturer's website and update the mouse driver is all that I can think that is left. Anyway a new mouse is cheap.

Have you tried it in other usb ports on your PC? This is a gaming mouse and may have it's own software so try reinstalling that. I'd not recommend flashing the BIOS in case you screw things up completely. If you have a cheap, standard usb mouse handy see how that works on the computer.

Have you tried it in other usb ports on your PC? This is a gaming mouse and may have it's own software so try reinstalling that. I'd not recommend flashing the BIOS in case you screw things up completely. If you have a cheap, standard usb mouse handy see how that works on the computer.
The site where I thought I could have gotten the drive (CyberPowerPC0...does not have it. The mouse is functioning on other systems though. Currently, I am using a temporary mouse, and it is functioning fine.

Check in Device Manager and see if the mouse is flagged as having a problem. If it does remove the drivers, reboot the computer and let Windows reinstall recommended drivers for it.

I found this link for a CyberPower mouse

For a couple months now, my CyberpowerPC wired mouse has been sticking intermittently on my PC, in the sense that it cannot move across the screen; however the buttons and roller still work.
I have also tried using the mouse on other PCs, and it works fine.
So far I have uninstalling/reinstalling it, as well as unchecking the power save option in the USB hub, to no avail.
Any assistance is welcome.
It's most likely the cable or USB connector causing problems.

Here's a tip: use on your PC a Linux Live CD or USB stick to check if it works properly. If it does then you might get lucky and it will recover with a clean windows install.

Back