TechSpot

Wireless adapter has stopped working

By Lacard
Dec 23, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. I tried looking around for a solution but can't seem to find anyone with a similar issue to mine. I just bought an ASUS usb n53 wireless adapter. I was previously using a Rosewill wireless adapter just before I installed the new one and everything with my connection was fine. After I downloaded the drivers off the disc and tried to open the utility program for the adapter I get this message: Wireless Lan Control Manager has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
    Not sure what I need to do at this point. Thanks in advance for the help. Just let me know any info you need for me and I'll post back asap.

2. Lacard

Lacard TS Rookie Topic Starter

I tried going to the ASUS website and downloading newer versions of the utility and drivers but to no avail. I also tried turning off my anti virus software but that didnt work either.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.