Wireless adapter issues

Neji49

I just installed Windows 7 64-bit from Vista(32 bit) and I'm having a bit of trouble getting my wireless network adapter up and running. The model number is WMP54GX from Linksys. I've googled the issue and most people have suggestions, but the problem is my computer isn't even registering the adapter. There is nothing under network adapter and under unidentified devices there is only "Ethernet Controller" "PCI Simple Communications Controller" and "Unknown Device". I tried searching for drivers online (connecter via an extremely long ethernet cable at the moment). Most people suggest using Ralink drivers and installing after an unknown "Network Adapter" shows up, but for me no even this is happening. Are one of the other options the network adapter?

Specs: (Don't know if they'll help but can't hurt)
Windows 7 Enterprise N
Intel core 2 Duo 6400
4GB RAM
Nvidia 8800 GTS

Wireless setup....

You have a wireless modem/router? Do you have a wireless 'g' or 'n' card in PC? or a USB wireless adapter? Both of those will need to have software installed, but you will have got that on a cd included. But you have to do the setup with the Ethernet (CAT5e) connected first. When you have followed the instructions that came with the modem /router, you switch off PC, unplug Ethernet cable, switch on PC, and the Wireless adapter in PC will find ALL the wireless modem/routers in your area. You select yours from the list, and enter the password, you will be connected to your own modem after that.

Back