Wireless bridge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rednek

I have a zyxel 660 modem+wireless router, and also a TP-link wireless router. I can connect to the internet with the Zyxel, not problem, but the wireless range is limited. Can I use the TP-Link wireless router as the wireless access point, and use it to also connect wirelessly to the zyxel as follows:?

PC(wireless) - - TP-Link(wireless router) - - Zyxel(wireless router modem) - - adsl(internet)

Should I be looking to create a bridge, and what protocol would I use?

I have a zyxel 660 modem+wireless router, and also a TP-link wireless router. I can connect to the internet with the Zyxel, not problem, but the wireless range is limited. Can I use the TP-Link wireless router as the wireless access point, and use it to also connect wirelessly to the zyxel as follows:?

PC(wireless) - - TP-Link(wireless router) - - Zyxel(wireless router modem) - - adsl(internet)

Should I be looking to create a bridge, and what protocol would I use?
As shown, the TP-Link(wireless router) needs the 'bridging service'. Look at the documentation to see if it supports that protocol.
As a last resort, wire a connection that contains ONLY
Code:
PC(wired) - - [COLOR="Blue"]TP-Link(wireless router) [/COLOR]
and access the routers config page with your browser -- there will be several features and you can look thru them to see if it's supported

The TP-link does seem to have a bridge function (though not a repeater function). Would I need to enable something similar on the ZyXel on order to connect the two wirelessly - in the status on the ZyXel its says mode: routing (in blue) and Bridging (in grey - greyed out possibly?)
Also both devices have a static route function. Could this be configured to enable wireless repeating?
Many thanks for your patience!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back