Wireless broadband and gaming

death791

First off im sure this question has been answered a million times but hopefully I can get a good answer on this one :)

So anyways at the moment im still on dial up internet from earthlink, but finally im able to get wireless broadband in my area. Right now im playing older games like Swat 4 and Rainbow Six: Ravens shield on PC, and both games i have a dedicated game server that I rent monthly which is located in Chicago and im located in Michigan so not really that far way, normally when i play either of the 2 games on my dedicated server i get about a 220 ping which yeah i know is horrible but then again it is dial up lol. Anyways the company that i plan on getting the wireless broadband service offers a 768k download / 384k upload plan that fits my budget and it would be on a wired router seeing this connection would be only used for one computer. So im wondering what sorta of ping i would be seeing on that connection, and also would it be faster enough to play games on playstation 3 and newer games for PC like Battlefield bad company 2, Call of Duty: Black ops etc etc..

I'm sure any posts will help me out so thanks a bunch :grinthumb

Is that 768 download / 384 kilobits or kilobytes. if its kilobytes then yes that will work with any online pc gaming. I cant say anything console gaming because im a pc gamer only.

This is what the website says 768 kbps Down x 384 kbps Up on average, not sure if that means kilobits or kilobytes

Back