TechSpot

Wireless cables

By AudioVayne
Sep 21, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Haha gotta love the contradictive title!

I'm wondering if the wireless antennae cables from various laptops are universal? I have a Compaq Presario 2200 (and if it works a Compaq M2000) that I want to setup Wireless on. I want to know if I can pull the wireless antenna's and cabling from a Compaq C700 and an F500 and install them on my 2 laptops? (If the Wireless PCi cards are compatible, bonus but at this stage I'm going to eye up proper cards).

Cheers

Blair

2. almcneil

almcneil TS Guru Posts: 1,554

I remember when I was about 9 or 10, my father took me to the locomotive museum. After viewing the museum, you exit through the souvenir shop. I saw this sign "Dehydraed Steam 25 cents" and there were stacks of these small viles the size of a prescription pill containers. I thought it was really cool as I keen about science. I asked my father if he could buy me one. He and the saleman had a good chuckle and my father handed over a quarter. I didn't understand at the time why they thought it was funny. I looked at it carefully in the car and noticed there were instructions inside the container. When we got home, I quickly opened it and pull out the small paper and close the cap fast so as little of the dehydrated steam would escape. I read the instructions on how to convert it back to steam. It said to get a kettle. Go to the tap, fill it with some water, place it on the stove. Now open the container and pour the contents into the kettle. That's when I learned what the word "dehydrated" meant.

-- Andy

3. AudioVayne

AudioVayne TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 142

:D As amusing as I found that, I don't really see how that's applicable...

4. almcneil

almcneil TS Guru Posts: 1,554

Oh, the "wireless cables" reminding of my "dehydrated steam" experience. Thought I'd share the anecdote.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.