Wireless card for a Vista desktop PC?

By bob2006ty
Nov 18, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi I have had numerous problems with my internet which I won't go into. I need a new wireless card to work seamlessly with vista, any suggestions? (the pc it will go on is a desktop pc with a m4a78t-e mobo and will be connecting to a netgear router downstairs.

Thanks bob.
  2. Kcircyrd

Kcircyrd Newcomer, in training Posts: 316

We install a great number of Wireless cards, and have very few troubles with any of them. Just look for the enhanced ones made by Linksys (Cisco), D-Link, Black ASUS, Netgear, SIIG and Intellinet if you want to be more selective. I would avoid the Rosewill, ATT, GrandTec, and Belkin as too varied in their quality, performance, and long term reliability
  3. bob2006ty

bob2006ty Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 78

Thanks the one I got was a novatech own brand, which got tons of great reviews and worked with 7 and vista smoothly but mine must have been a dud. I will send back and get a cisco or netgear model (guess netgear's gonna be better because my router is also netgear) but I have been doing my cisco ccna and loving it so far. Thanks, Bob.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.