Wireless card, XP question

ericboston58

I have a secure network in the office that is WPA2. I have had no problems with my newer computers and windows 7. I just tried to connect a computer with XP and the issue I am having is there is no choice in the drop down menu for WPA2, only WEP-PSK. When I enter the code it won't connect and when I go back there are only 8 characters in the box and I had put in 12. Is this an XP issue or the wireless card?

Is it a WEP security enabled card? If it is that old it might not be. Can you borrow a different USB wireless device and attempt to connect with it? I connected with WEP and XP Pro for years so I know it's not XP. You are checking the settings for the USB device (Software from the included CD) and not Windows, correct?

Well thought I would share my find (solution) and hopes it helps someone else. Microsoft has a hotfix for this problem. I went to MS download center and searched WPA2 XP and it came up. there was one in 05 and one in 06. I downloaded the 06 and went to network to connect, it asked for my code, entered it and connected immediately. Hope this helps and thanks for responses .

Back