Wireless connecting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, there. I just got a laptop. My first one ever. I am so excited.
Well, I live in an apartment and I keep getting a message that the laptop is detecting a wireless network ( I sure don't have one). What do ya think? It is a neighbors??? What would happen if I tried to connect to that network? I, of course, won't. Because I would die of embarrassment if I were to be detected. It just raises my curiosity.
:hotouch:
Rozilla

you could connect to their wireless router which it is detecting and use the internet for free, ur connection might be bad tho

you may be able to detect a network for 100 to 1000 feet away depending on the connections. but still doesnt mean you can connect to it anyway if they are running encryption.

ripken204 said:
you could connect to their wireless router which it is detecting and use the internet for free, ur connection might be bad tho
That's actually illegal, and you could end up more than embarrassed if caught.

I thought it had to be illegal in some way. I'll just wait until Monday and register there and hook up with their wireless network. Thanks!
Rozilla

rokinil said:
I thought it had to be illegal in some way. I'll just wait until Monday and register there and hook up with their wireless network. Thanks!
Rozilla
I meant to say that I'd wait until I got to school on monday and connect there , and thank you for your responses. I hope to learn enough someday to be able to help someone else out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back