Wireless connection drops every 30 mins

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need help, the connection to my wireless network drops every half hour or so for about 20 secs or so consistantly. My router/cable modem is a Linksys WCG200 and the adapter i'm using on my PC is the Microsoft MN-510 USB adapter. The MN-510 is a 802.11b and the router is a 802.11g/b.

My question is, are there any tools that i can use to troubleshoot my problem? This problem doesnt seem to happen on my powerbook. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Thanks King, but i tried stopping the Wireless zero config and it doesnt stop the disconnects. I'm really at a loss with this problem, anyone else have any ideas?

i had a similar problem, i updated my routers firmware, and my wireless card drivers, and it hasnt occured since. thats where i would start first.

also, does it drop whilst you are using it? or if you leave it idle?

go to device manager, find your wireless card, right click it, go to properties, advanced tab, find power saving mode, and set it to always awake.

I've had similar thoughts... the router is a cable modem/router so you cant upgrade the firmware, i hate linksys, the driver i have for my adapter is the most recent one. The connection drops both when i'm using it and when i'm idle. And the power settings were already set to be always on.

Like i said, i'm pulling my hair out here, i dont know what the hell is going on. I've uninstalled and reinstalled, tried static ip's, turned off wireless zero config... everything. I still have no idea why it keeps happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back