Wireless Network Problem, I need help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilenceOfComp

I have 3 computers hooked up to my router, 1 hard wired, 2 wireless, now I have them all in the same workgroup, they all can see each other, the wired can access the other computer's shared drives, but the wireless can't access each other's drives, I got the drive to load once, and I got a file of it, but right after that I tried again and no joy.They are all set up to the same network, so I don't know what the problem is.

Anyone know why the 2 wireless wont talk well with each other that well?

I would say check any kind of firewalls you have. What kind of Hardware/Software firewalls you have? (Note that the 2wire routers have a built in firewall for all network connectivity)

I currently have the same problem with one of the wireless laptops just turned on to update the DST. It lost the connection and just won't connect to the rest of the network. IP has been assigned by the Router and Access Points have detected the wireless connection. If I put the laptop into a static IP address mode the problem is gone.

>they all can see each other,
so all system can ping one another:- your TCP LAN is correct

>the wired can access the other computer's shared drives,
the firewalls on the wireless are OPEN, the workgroup is fine, and the SHARES
on each wireless are correct, and the GUEST accounts match the wired system account.

>but the wireless can't access each other's drives
now that's interesting! :confused:

btw: XP/Pro will share just fine with XP/Home :)

Try static IP address instead of using DHCP from the Router which auto assigns the IP. If all goes well, then you can remove the static IP and let the router assign the IP automatically...

if all your systems are XP/Home, then you are using Simple File Sharing AND
access is via the Guest Account.

if one/more are XP/Pro or XP/Media then make sure ALL systems are using the
same Sharing technique. If at least one system is XP/Home, then all systems
will need to use Simple File Sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back