Wireless optical mouse or keyboard ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi To All
I have a nice lill problem, my mouse works, my keyboard works but. when I need to use both at the same time the mouse stops working, eg the pointer refuse to move.It is a pain when you try to play a game where you need both or when you work on any programs it happen even on the desktop.
I run XP home, nvidia 3d 5700ve 256mb, p4 3.0ghz and 1gb ram
keybord and mouse are wireless and I changed the batteries. sometimes the mouse and the keyboard will work together but the pointer will slow down to a halt very quickly, the problem started only a few days ago, I have run antivirus, antispyware software. nothing.
any ideas
kind regards
gurubear

I've got this same problem before. Hope its the same problem.

It works out that I have accidentally set both keyboard and mouse to the same channel, therefore, both will work when the other isn't.

Hope that helps.

Edit: I don't know how to change the channel on yours, but on the mouse, keyboard and receiver there should be a small switch. Where is this switch located? You'll have to check your manuals for that (mine is close to where the batteries are). Change either the mouse or keyboard, changing both will end up both running at the same new frequency (you want one on the old, and one on the new).

Thank you very much for the tip.Well I tried that,it didn't work but, after fiddling a few time from ch 1 to ch 2 and vise versa I resetted the both and it works now, but somehow it is jerky. it look like some buffer is used and not emptying fast enough or some resources are used and not released fast enough too, wonder what it is.I will see how I go if I am in more trouble I will come crying again. :slurp:

There are all types of devices that will interfere with that signal. The most common culprits would be cordless phones, microwaves and or stereo equipment...
Try re-locating any of these devices that may be close to the machine.
Also are these re-chargeable batteries ? ? If so buy new ones...they don't last forever.

patio. :cool:

Thanks Patio
I have checked those appliances and they didnt interfere and did change the batteries, however I found something I didnt't thought would have been influencing, but the actual base was hidden by some material of which some was metal, I believe that it actually shielded the signal. as I have removed it and sofar sogood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back