TechSpot

wireless router, intenet only works for a short time.

By panos_gr
Jun 12, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hi, i been gaven a sitecom wireless router, and i'm experiencing some problems.I managed to secure my connection and make it work in my computer, but when i change user (in the same pc) the internet in the beginning works , but after som seconds, it stops and i must restart my router to get it work.any help??i'm really noob with routers and internet connections, so any answer shuld be detailed.

thanx in advance!!
  2. CCT

CCT TS Evangelist Posts: 3,556

I am not sure, but it would appear you have the wireless setup under your user account - remove it, log on as Administrator and set it up again.
  3. panos_gr

panos_gr TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 25

but i'm the administrator, and both users are set up as administrators.
  4. CCT

CCT TS Evangelist Posts: 3,556

5. panos_gr

i don't think that's the problem, but anyhow , thank you for your answer/help.
  6. gguerra

gguerra TS Enthusiast Posts: 559

Do you have a DSL connection that requires a login?? you did not mention what type of connection you had?
  7. panos_gr

my connection is 24mbits from comhem, and i do not think that it requires a login.
  8. gguerra

gguerra TS Enthusiast Posts: 559

cable connections usually do not require login.. Does the problem only come up when using wireless? have you tried to do it wired?? If the problem does not arise using a wired connection and it seems to happen only when you switch users it might be the wireless connection setup for that user.. Not sure if wireless connections are part of a windows user profile (like desktop, my documents etc.)..
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.