wireless router to wireless router?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I Run A Security Co. I Would Like To Run Wireless Cctv. But I Have A 1/2 Mile By 1/2 Mile Apartment Area To Work On. How Meny Routers Do I Need For 20 To 30 Wireless Cameras? And How Can I Hook It Up? Will It Work.

lol, In the span of 30 something minutes you have posted 3 times asking for help. Settle down a bit and wait for someone to come along that "may" be able to help you. Remember, any and all help and advice is giving on a free, out of the goodness of someone's heart basis on this site.

btw....Welcome to Techspot! :)

TWO issues for you to consider
a) the physical property layout which impacts the camera/access point locations
b) connecting the APs to the system.

Two drawings for (A) are attached [theBlop vs theBlock]

With a central admin building and surrounding facilities(theBlop),
a few Access Points (AP) may be sufficient to access all the remote camera.

With a more typical row/column layout of buildings(theBlock), there's an issue
of sufficient range as well as the buildings themselves blocking the signals.
Getting the locations for the APs will be more critical.

One IEEE 802.11 WAP can typically communicate with 30 client systems located within a radius of 100 m. However, the actual range of communication can vary significantly, depending on such variables as indoor or outdoor placement, height above ground, nearby obstructions, other electronic devices that might actively interfere with the signal by broadcasting on the same frequency, type of antenna, the current weather, operating radio frequency, and the power output of devices.

(B) the AP connections are typically shown in this article

ok guys good job thanks. by the way my name is tony and i have been on
this job for 3 mos, but not one but two apartment areas with about 1500 in the community. now you see why i need to put up wireless cameras and
routers. and to halo71 i'm sorry i will slowdown next time. to-jobeard, i printed out the two layouts thats about what i'm looking for.thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back