Wireless trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, I would like to apologize if this is the wrong froum for this post.

I have a toshiba laptop with windows xp. I was having some problems with the lcd screen (flickering) and decided to send it in for repairs. When they repaired my screen they had done a system restore on the laptop, thus cleaning everything off. I recieved my laptop on wedsday. I turned everything on and it booted up great. Heres the problem, before I had sent it off my laptop was connected wirelessly via router (linksys) and worked fine online.

After starting the computer on weds I notice my computer did not have any wireless connections available. I thought this was weird because my laptop was 5 feet from the router. I called the warrenty company back and asked what to do, and they had said that its something with configuration or a problem with my ISP. I called Linksys right after and they had said my wireless adapter was not connecting to the router (or any local area connections).

So I called my ISP (cox) and had reported to them with my problem, and they had said they could read my moden and router just fine. I am now at a loss with wireless internet on my laptop, I am not sure if this is from the system restore or if its something else.

Can you guys help me out or know what I am doing wrong?

I am not the best with computers but I do know how to navigate properly.

Any help would be awesome, sorry for any inconvienence I may have caused.

Thanks a lot.
Scott

See if this helps you. http://www.microsoft.com/athome/moredone/wirelesssetup.mspx

It's a step by step guide on how to set up a wireless network

Or
http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Satellite?c=L_CASupport_C1&childpagename=US%2FLayout&cid=1166859678292&pagename=Linksys%2FCommon%2FVisitorWrapper&lid=7829277881B04

and download EasyLink Connect set up tools if your router is supported..check the supported routers list and see if your router is supported.

Also, You may want to check and make sure the drivers were installed for the wireless card. To do that..click start..right click my computer and click manage..the computer management window pops up..in the window on the left hand side click device manager. Make sure there aren't any x's !'s or ?'s in there. If there are that means devices do not have the drivers installed or have been disabled.

If you get it fixed let us know, If you don't get it fixed let us know =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back