Wireless USB stick

Status
Not open for further replies.

femmym

hi everyone im a newbie here so go easy lol, i have a problem with my laptop i formated the other day , when i was installing all my software on it which included my usb internet stick software when i put my encryption keys in and psswrd i got a full quota of signal but when i clicked on my internet explorer it keeps comming up as page unavailable i dont understand why this is doing this as it worked fine before i formated my laptop , i have a wireless netgear router and a azurewave usb internet stick , i would be very grateful if anyone can help as im going round in circles here trying this & that lol
thankyou femmym:confused:

Format your USB module, do not password, then retry. If it will not reformat, or if it will not accept the password, you have your answer.

Try using hp usb format utility to format the drive.
If that still does not work, try using the hdd low level format tool, make sure you format the right drive.

Share your knowledge... this site is for others to learn... what do you mean with, "i have sorted it out now it was to do with the IP add ."

Tell us more.

Maybe when he said "Wireless USB Stick" he meant wireless USB adapter although most newer laptops include wireless.

hi raybay & gguera ,
first of all HE is not a HE im a she , what i meant that it was my IP address that was the problem i meant that my wireless connection was showing up as disconnect on my desktop not my laptop i reconected it and i got online on my laptop first time ,and it was a USB stick not adapter .

Sorry for the gender mixup. It was actually me who said "HE". No way to tell that from just your user name

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back