WLAN Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrederikNeertof

Hey guys. Since lately I've been experiencing a problem with my wireless network.
The problem is that suddenly it just stops the connection, and then I can find the network again unless I totally restart the computer. It happens quite often, and it's starting to get on my nerves because I use this laptop at my school.

My WLAN Card is :
Atheros AR5008x..

Could it be that my WLAN card is broken or something?

Thanks in forward,

Best Regards, Fred

The first thing that I would look at is your wireless router. Go to the manufacturer's website and download the latest upgrade to the router's firmware. Install that on the router and see if that fixes your problem.

thanks for your reply.

it's not router that is causing the problem though. it happens everywhere i am, school, work, home, at a friends house, what ever, you name it :p

What does Device Manager on your laptop say about the status of your network card? Does it say that all is operating normally? You may want to start off by seeing if there is an update to the driver for the network card. If there is no update available, I would recommend uninstalling the driver and having Windoiws reinstall it at the next boot up.

It says the driver is working correctly. I have Windows XP by the way, if that helps.

I couldn't find any updates, but I'll try your suggestion with un-installing the driver and let windows reinstall it :)

Thanks so far,
Regards, Fred

Thanks for your support guys. I pretty much tried everything you suggested, and it's still not working.

I tried the solution with the intel cards, that didnt work, and I wasn't able to find a similiar solution to Atheros cards.

Any thoughts on this?

Best regards
Fred

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back