Woman pulls handgun at Best Buy repairman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julio Franco

Staff member
The Best Buy repairman had come several times to fix the woman's television. But still on Friday he could not get it to work. So, officials say, the woman pulled out a .38-caliber handgun loaded with hollow-point rounds and told him: "You're not leaving until the TV is fixed."

Marlene Anne Bagnall, 44, of 1523 Davenport Drive was later arrested on charges of aggravated assault and false imprisonment.

Bagnall's husband told a sheriff's deputy she was diagnosed with a mental disorder for which she takes medication. She left the county jail early Saturday on $10,000 bail.

More here:
http://www.sptimes.com/2005/05/29/Pasco/Broken_TV_leads_to_ch.shtml

what a b****! i had a guy once freak out at me when i told him how much it would cost to get his office up to windows 2000, the guy punched a terrific hole in his drywall and said just about every swear in the english language.

it was probably just an excuse to get her out of jail and save her but for the trial it doesnt take much to get diagnosed with much of anything anymore and if she has a good enough laywer she can probably get out of it almost scott free.

What is someone with a supposed mental illness, doing having access to a gun in the first place?
in this country? we've got plenty of gun nuts alright...in rural america you can find guys hunting deer with m16's (a gas-operated military grade assault rifle)

what *****s shooting deer with m16's bet theres not much left of the deer afterwords because of the way the bullet is designed

At least their not hunting them with M60's. And I know why Americans have such high gun crime rates (sorry if I'm offending anyone) compared to Canadians, who have just as many guns. The news. All Americans are under the thumb of news corporations who bombard them with bad and depresing news, in Canada, bad news isn't reported on such a big scale if its not important, and nice things are reported. How do I know this? Watch Michael Moore's film 'Bowling for Columbine,' it's actually quite good.

the gun nuts scream about the 2nd amendment to the US constitution
A well-regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed
i doubt they read the first half of the sentence...which was written in 1791 when keeping a gun was common for survival in most parts of the country.

zephead said:
in this country? we've got plenty of gun nuts alright...in rural america you can find guys hunting deer with m16's (a gas-operated military grade assault rifle)

Possibly why the USA has so many gun related crimes.

Regards Howard
bigun.gif

howard_hopkinso said:
What is someone with a supposed mental illness, doing having access to a gun in the first place?

Regards Howard :unch:

They do things different over there. :)

What, the fighter jet?
that would be so cool, with heat seeker, nose cam and all. See the shocked expresion on a deers face when it realises that 'bee' is actually a huge missile. The disadvantage is thhere's be nothing left to take home as a trophy, which sort of makes the whole act worthless!

I think if EVERYONE were able to carry a gun then the crime rate would go down. Who's going to mug someone or break into someone's house knowing they have a gun too!!

Just my 2 cents.

Bipolar

The old addage "guns don't kill people - people kill people" begs to be stated, however, access to guns is a major problem in american society these days & by simply outlawing guns, the only people that would have them were the ones who don't care about the law anyways, which would perpetuate the law abiding citizens to have to illegally obtain a gun for protections sake. Luckily the lady in question wasn't a fanatic "American Idol" fan on elimination night.....lol. - No offense meant, just trying to bring humor into a touchy subject.

Yep, if you outlaw guns, only the criminals and people that buy them illegally will have them. Everyone else just has to fend for themselves. Which is not a happy thought for me!

Bipolar

ahh, people living in rural america need guns. i doubt farmers need m16's to grow corn, but firearms are a staple item of non-urban life here. americans don't really need guns to 'protect' themselves or thier property (especially in urban areas).

Religion, Politics & Gun Control - three of the most volatile subjects to "stir" the pot on both the left & the right. These threads have the propensity to create a perpetual post with both sides offering strong feedback to support one's cause. My idea of a peaceful america would be to feel safe walking down the street, for my children to be able to walk safely down the street, for me to never have to lock my home or my vehicle, that however, is not possible. On the other hand, it is said that a locked door only keeps an honest man out.

Bipolar_Gargoyl said:
Yep, if you outlaw guns, only the criminals and people that buy them illegally will have them. Everyone else just has to fend for themselves. Which is not a happy thought for me!

Bipolar

Well, we have that exact situation here in the UK. Guns are banned here, and although there is a criminal element, who do have guns, the gun crime rate here involving guns, is very low compared to the USA.

Surely this can`t be just a coincidence. In 2002/2003 the official figure for people killed in the uk with guns is around 70 this in a population of around 60 million.

The USA population for the same years is approximately 290 million, with over 8000 people killed with guns.

This information is freely available, simply by typing either, "USA gun statistics" or, "Uk gun statistics" into a google search.

Regards Howard

Not nice

I used to be an OSM engineer for a small company in England.

I went onsite with the wrong parts, "clerical error", and the client wouldnt let me offsite until I fixed their PC. They actually locked me in!

The company got someone to drive to the area over 50 miles away,with the correct parts and I fixed the PC, and left as soon as I could.

While in there my colleague sat in his car outside, just in case!

yeah, but the united states is still safer than most of the rest of the world.
howard_hopkinso said:
The USA population for the same years is approximately 290 million, with over 8000 people killed with guns.
we've got more than 20,000 bodybags to fill each year from drunk driving, thus making it the biggest source of unnatural death. gun control will always come after the nation's concerns about drunk driving.
Bipolar_Gargoyl said:
I think if EVERYONE were able to carry a gun then the crime rate would go down.
violence would skyrocket.
in illinois, it's technically illegal to have any operational firearm in public (unless you're carrying a badge). threatening or using a gun against another person is a felony in this country and you will go to jail, and consequently the jails would fill up in a hurry. i think that our gun control systems need minimal change, as they are pretty mindful of enforceability concerns.

yes, mentally competent people who can be trusted to handle situations appropriately. but not everyone's going to use a gun wisely (or for self-defense).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back