Wondering if my Athlon is running too hot

Status
Not open for further replies.

KDaughtry

Wondering if my Athlon is running too hot *edit* Sorry i did not read sticky at top

I do not know if anybody has ran super pi or not but anyways. I was running super pi at 2M digits of calculation while looking at my cpu temperature and my AMD Athlon 64 3500 got up to 43 degrees C. I was wondering if that is too hot or if that is fine. I mean i can always up my fan speed but my computer is loud as heck already. Thanks. Oh yeah, it usually stays at around 32 C idle.

*Edit:* Whoops did not read the sticky at the top. Sorry

*another edit*: Moderator please remove my stupid post. Sorry for wasting everyones precious one or too seconds lol. :)

The temp is better than most if you go to the AMD site & track through you will find the operating temps for your cpu.

My Athlon 3200 idles at around 37 - 40 C when under load it goes up to 60 C + I have modified afew things of my own design using fans & the temp has dropped under load to the 55 - 59 range.

Dont worry... i have a AMD XP 2000+ running at 57ºC idle and its FINE!!! hhehehe LOL

oh yeah...i have my athlon xp 3000+ barton running at 69C and 80 under load
I hope it dies on me so best **** (buy) will replace it

Thanks everyone for calming me down haha.... Sorry for posting in the first place i did not see the sticky at first :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back