Wondering if someone could look at some minidumps

I usually like to do everything on my own but haven't quite mastered how to look at minidumps yet. So if someone would be so kind to look over my attached dumps I would really appreciate it. I am running Windows 7 64-bit with all latest updates (mostly). I have three hdd's: 1 is a 500GB OS drive and the other 2 are 3TB's each running Raid 1 (mirror). My problem is mostly the Kernel-Power issue which will cause it to reboot semi-frequently. I zipped up 6 minidumps. Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• dumps.zip
    135.1 KB · Views: 4
There are indications of memory problems, and possibly hard drive issues in the minidumps. When we see this, it is usually wise to start with testing the memory using a bootable disc made from a downloaded memtest86 iso file You can find it here:
http://www.memtest.org/ Download one of the pre-built iso files and burn it to a CD or DVD. Boot the computer with this disc. Let Memtest86 run for at least 7 passes

I was thinking it was either memory or hard drive. Whenever I built this computer I did something I never do which was used an older hard drive. Everything else on the computer is brand new. I think what I will do is re-seat the memory and get another hard drive. I did have another question. If I use the built in windows 7 clone software and get a new hard drive will it retain everything such as shared folders and the Raid 1 setup? Or would I need to re-share folders and re-activate windows 7 or will the new hard drive literally be a clone?

If the old drive is part of the RAID array, you will loose everything and have to start from scratch. So back up important stuff. You will have to re-create the RAID array and start a clean Windows install. RAID 1 has no rebuild or back up capability

I am running software RAID with the built-in Windows 7 function on the old OS drive. So the old drive is basically telling the 2-3TB drives to function as RAID 1. So I am thinking if I use the built-in Windows 7 image creation backup utility and then essentially clone that to a new drive it would hopefully retain the RAID 1 software controller info and everything would act as it was. Is this thinking way off? I am not familiar with the built in image option in Windows 7.

I was thinking of RAID 0 or stripped RAID like I use. You should be able to replace the drive and rebuild the array with the new drive without loosing any data

Back