TechSpot

Won't burn onto disc

By bubble
Apr 16, 2010
  1. OK, well I have a movie that I need to burn onto a disc. Two movies actually, but the thing is, I burned one movie onto a TDK DVD+R disc, and it worked fine. But the second movie I need to burn, I used a disc called memorex DVD+RDL. And the problem is that the burning process doesn't work on this disc.

I tried to burn a movie, and when it got to 99.9 %, it gave me an error(yes, it was very frustrating, I was about to go punch the wall). The error just said that there is an error. I tried to burn the first movie I burned on a new memorex blank disc but the same thing happened.

So, did I buy a bad disc or something? Or is there a certain program I need to use with this type of disc. I used the Windows DVD maker by the way.

2. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 11,966   +70

Have you had this issue before with Memorex on this burner? For some reason certain burners don't do well with certain brands of disks.

I had a burner that loved Imation but did not burn with Memorex. But now I have burners that do excellent with Memorex.

I have a Sony CD player that plays burned Memorex without a hitch but will not play of all things a Sony burned CD. Talk about your irony.

It is like anything concerning PC tech, et.al: There are quirks everywhere including burners and CD/DVD blank disks.

3. bubble

bubble TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 73

This is the first time I am using Memorex, did you use a certain program to burn onto Memorex, like Nero or something?

4. Route44

I have Nero 7 but a simple yet effective program Burn and Go X (cheap and no longer produced) did just as well. However, Nero is faster.

5. bubble

bubble TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 73

Well, I got a new disc, but now I am wondering, is there a way to add subtitles to the movie I am burning? I am still using Windows DVD Maker, and I want to burn a movie with Russian subtitles on it. I have the subtitles, but I can't figure out how to burn the 2 together.

I put them in the same folder, I named them the same exact thing, is there anything else that I am supposed to do?

6. Route44

I don't know. A place like VideoHelp.com is an excellent resource with active forums that could answer your questions.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.