Won't burn onto disc

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubble

OK, well I have a movie that I need to burn onto a disc. Two movies actually, but the thing is, I burned one movie onto a TDK DVD+R disc, and it worked fine. But the second movie I need to burn, I used a disc called memorex DVD+RDL. And the problem is that the burning process doesn't work on this disc.

I tried to burn a movie, and when it got to 99.9 %, it gave me an error(yes, it was very frustrating, I was about to go punch the wall). The error just said that there is an error. I tried to burn the first movie I burned on a new memorex blank disc but the same thing happened.

So, did I buy a bad disc or something? Or is there a certain program I need to use with this type of disc. I used the Windows DVD maker by the way.

Have you had this issue before with Memorex on this burner? For some reason certain burners don't do well with certain brands of disks.

I had a burner that loved Imation but did not burn with Memorex. But now I have burners that do excellent with Memorex.

I have a Sony CD player that plays burned Memorex without a hitch but will not play of all things a Sony burned CD. Talk about your irony.

It is like anything concerning PC tech, et.al: There are quirks everywhere including burners and CD/DVD blank disks.

This is the first time I am using Memorex, did you use a certain program to burn onto Memorex, like Nero or something?

I have Nero 7 but a simple yet effective program Burn and Go X (cheap and no longer produced) did just as well. However, Nero is faster.

Well, I got a new disc, but now I am wondering, is there a way to add subtitles to the movie I am burning? I am still using Windows DVD Maker, and I want to burn a movie with Russian subtitles on it. I have the subtitles, but I can't figure out how to burn the 2 together.

I put them in the same folder, I named them the same exact thing, is there anything else that I am supposed to do?

I don't know. A place like VideoHelp.com is an excellent resource with active forums that could answer your questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back