Wont go past the loading screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive been having troubles with my pc since i first got it, Nearly everything in it has had to be replaced and im still having troubles.

Heres my setup:

Mobo = Asus A8N Premium
Graphics = Nvidia Gforce 6800GS
CPU = Amd 64 3200+
Dno what make my HD's are But ones a 30 and ones a 20 GB
and i got 1GB of 2x Corsair 512mb pc3200 DDR1.

All was working fine for a while after i had my Motherboard replaced because it was faulty then one day it just crashed and wouldn't boot up for an hour or so. So i left it thinking it had overheated and came back to it to start it up, It started booting up fine until it got to the Windows logo, where the bar travels across the screen, Froze and restarted, It wouldnt stop. Now there is a few possabilities, Either the graphics card has been fried in the past, because it was running way to hot and i had to fit a pci slot fan next to it to cool it, The cpu chip is fried because the cpu fan is faulty and i need it replacing, The PSU cant handle the setup as its quite old asin over a year and only 400W Or; The hard drive has failed (last time i took it in the shop they said it had a corrupt section but it wouldnt effect windows or anything at that time but it may have goten worse).

If any of you have any idea whats wrong could you please post as i am in need of knowing so as i can take it in the shop and get it fixed rather than getting them to spend time and me to spend money finding out what it is.

Sam.

Go to Safe Mode
Repeatively press F8 on system startup, and log into Windows under Safe mode

Please try this:

Manual steps to run Chkdsk from My Computer or Windows Explorer
  • Open My Computer, and then right-click the hard disk that you want to check.
  • Click Properties, and then click Tools.
  • Under Error-checking, click Check Now. A dialog box that shows the Check disk options is displayed
Use one of the following procedures:
  • • To run Chkdsk in read-only mode, click Start.
  • • To repair errors without scanning the volume for bad sectors, select the Automatically fix file system errors check box, and then click Start. (tick)
  • • To repair errors, locate bad sectors, and recover readable information, select the Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors check box.

Note If one or more of the files on the hard disk are open, you will receive the following message:
The disk check could not be performed because the disk check utility needs exclusive access to some Windows files on the disk. These files can be accessed by restarting Windows. Do you want to schedule the disk check to occur the next time you restart the computer?
Click Yes to schedule the disk check, and then restart your computer to start the disk check.

Wait until Chkdsk finishes Checking / Repairing any faults
Windows will then either restart your computer or continue loading Normally.

Now it wont even progress past the first screen, The one that displays the motherboard makers logo and at the bottom says "Press delete to enter setup".
It just freezes on it, Everythings wired up properly /dispair.

Sounds as though your hard drive has failed

You will need to check the internal connections first.

Also boot with your windows cd if possible, to check for any files still there

Ive acted as if the master HD is corrupt so ive switched them around and am gona reinstall onto the master and get a new slave. Thats when i can find the xp disk :p
Hope it works and thnx for ur help, Ile do that checkdisk wen ive got it up and running aswell just to be sure that its corrupt and not some other piece of hardware

Right now ive formatted the un corrupt drive and started installing, But once it gets to about 3% it goes onto another menu saying that it cant copy that file, Skip, Retry or cancel, So i skip because when i retry it does the same thing, then the next file does the same, so on and so forth i cant install any file past 3%

Can be your Ram. Please downlod the boptable CD for memtest HERE

Also this can be your Hard Drive or CD jumper settings (on ATA Drives) usually the Hard Drive should be Cable Select and the CD drive should be on its own IDE cable also as Cable Select.
But you can try Master for HDD and Slave for CD drive as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back