Won't start with new motherboard

koneck

I just replaced a dead motherboard with a new one. The old one use to power on as soon as I plugged the power in but nothing comes up on the screen and there is no beep to tell if there is any activity.

The power is working just fine with the new motherboard but when I turn it on nothing comes up and there is no beep. When I take out the memory (brand new) its beeping like crazy, but with the memory nothing happens. Could it be possible that I need a new processor, or is something wrong with the power supply?

Give us more details: What were you running and what did you replace it with? What is the make and model of your power supply, how old is it, and did it originally come with the case?

Have you checked to make sure the motherboard is not touching the case?

The old motherboard was a BioStar MCP6P M2+ and I replace it with an ASRock N68C-S UCC. The processor is an AMD Sempron Socket AM2. The power supply did came with the case but no info on make or model. It is more than two years old.

I don't think the board is touching the case since it is lifted by the screw-bolts in the case.

I do notice that the fan witch is connected to the power supply spins rather slow even though it is brand new, All other fans (in power supply and on motherboard) spins normally and the power light on the CPU in dim.

Can you switch out your psu with a name brand one? With a few exceptions psu's that come with a case are garbage. They rarely supply what they promise and a weak/faulty psu can cause all kinds issues and even damage to other components. If you have a digital multimeter test the psu.

Back