TechSpot

Word 2007

By Jskid
Oct 15, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. A person uses a template and when she renames the file, the footer appears to change to the correct name, but after saving and opening the same file again, then the footer has the old name. How can this be fixed?

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +234

Is this person the original creator of the file in question? If not, the person will have to "take ownership" of the file before the rename will take

3. Jskid

Jskid TS Guru Topic Starter Posts: 343

checked the ownership, not the problem

4. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 9,317   +618

open the file and delete the headers & footers; => save and quit

open file file and insert new header & footers; => save (as xxx.doc) & save as template; quit

5. Jskid

The same person has a problem with the "last update" part of the footer not changing when she saves it.

The original template was created in Word 2003. The user has many template files like this, so is there a patch or anything?

6. Tmagic650

Word 2007 has the ability to save files in other Office version types. I wonder if the Word 2003 template can be saved in Word 2007 as a Word 2003 converted file...

7. Jskid

Thanks but I think I'm not making the point clear. This person has so many templates like this she can't just resave them all.
    Well according to her this must be such a problem Microsoft must have released a patch so people won't be bothered.

8. Tmagic650

If all the templates were created in Word 2003, have the person install Office 2003 on the computer he or she wants to use