WordPerfect Printing Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having just installed WordPerfect Office 11 on my computer a problem has occurred which has never happened in previous installations of this program.

When I send a document to the printer the result is a page that is printed much larger than the selected font size. It also prints to the right hand edge of the page with the majority of the print missing. No other pages are printed to make up for whats missing.

I have printed from other programs such as Word and Lotus without any apparent problem.

I have uninstalled WordPerfect and reinstalled with the same result. I have also restored my computer using Nortons Ghost to a time before WordPerfect was ever installed but after reinstalling the same result occurred.

On exiting WordPerfect I receive the following Application Error - The instruction at "0x7e5530e9" referenced memory at "0x02b76728". The memory could not be "read".

I have no idea what the problem is here, the program itself seems to be working OK, it's only when I try to print and when I exit from the program that the problems occur.

I should, at this point, share some of my computer's recent history.

Early in November of this year I upgraded my computer with a new motherboard, CPU, Memory and Graphics Card. Since then I have had a few problems. During reloading my programs I was presented with the 'blue screen of death' and after spending a long time trying to eliminate the problem (believing it to be a software issue) and, after the computer refused even to go past the bios leaving me with a blank screen, I returned it to the shop where they changed the Memory and CPU.

The computer seems to be OK, however, I did receive the dreaded blue screen on one occasion and on another occasion the screen pixelated (broke up into small multi-coloured squares). These problems have not reoccurred.

Is it possible that I still have a hardware problem? I have run a test on my RAM using ramprobe 1.7 which showed no errors.

I have attached my system spec as a text file.

Hoping you have some good advice to give me.

Regards Les

I would update the driver for your printer from the manufacturer's website if one is available. If you haven't already, I would also go to the Corel website and download and install all of the Service Packs for WordPerfect 11. They are cumulative and you have to install the earlier ones before the later ones. Also, it wouldn't hurt to update the other drivers, for example the graphics card, motherboard, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back