WordPress: Some questions

By Mazhar
Oct 31, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. I have some very important WordPress questions to ask for my upcoming website project. Will appreciate the answers. I am using the Platform theme. Screenshot: (remove spaces please)

imageshack.us / photo / my-images / 27 / unledhmj . png

1. I have managed to decrease the height of the page and the black background is visible, I want to do the same with the width so that I can see the background from left and right side. How can I do it?

2. Can I add a widget in the background header (black space at the top), that is because I want to add a banner image, some links and box size images up there?

3. How can I specify borders to posts area and change posts area background color?

4. Lastly, I have a WordPress Network that have different blogs for each type of content, lets say Blog 1 for Content 1, Blog 2 for Content 2, and so on. Now I would want to have the main page of the site to display widget of each blog, showing the latest posts. Lets say I have abc.com as my main site and abc.com/blog1 and abc.com/blog2 as sub-sites within a network. Now I want abc.com to have two widgets, the first widget will show the latest posts from abc.com/blog1 and second widget will show the latest posts of abc.com/blog2. How can I achieve this?

Thanks a lot in advance!
  2. Mazhar

Mazhar Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Anyone please?
  3. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,804   +1,433

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.