Works/Word convert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, I have both MS Works and MS Word on my pc, (I like different things about both programmes), however, I have a file with 8 different pieces of work in it, some Word documents and some Works documents, they are all simple text (no pictures or inserts) but one in particular is over 70 pages long.

Is there any simple way that I can change the Works document to a Word document without printing it and re-typing in the whole thing?

Thanks in advance.

ps - sorry to be a pain but could you answer in english rather than technical terms? thanks x

Open the document in MS Word then Save it as a new name, with Doc format (or DocX in Word 2007)
The new saved name should then be in Word Format

Brill!

Hi kimsland - thanks for that - you have just saved me at least 25 hours typing time - thank you - and I managed to do it too!

X :D

Well there is one issue :suspiciou
Saving (a copy) into Word format, may also re-format (word text formatting I mean) the document a little

ie Some Fonts and tables and misalignment of pages may happen
Therefore you still may need to go through the document again :(

done that.

Yes I found that out, as the first document that I converted contained tabulated text in it, however that particular one was only two pages and it took me no time at all to 'tab' it back in place and do a quick read through (I guess my school typing lessons have come in handy after all ha ha).

The big one, the 70 pager is all double spaced text with only the first line of each chapter tabbed in, so that shouldn't really make much difference, but I will be keeping a copy of the original works document on a disk just in case I mess it up. (which is quite likely).

Thanks
Ellie x
:haha:

Thanks for the update :grinthumb

Note: Many people who write up Resumes' (as an example) create 3 documents
1. Works Document
2. Word Document (in old 2003 and older versions of Word -> DOC format)
3. Word Document (in newer 2007 MS Word version -> DOCX format)

It's actually quite irritating :rolleyes:

You could try saving in rich text format in works - you should then be able to work between word and works with RTF,

Hope this helps
Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back