Workstation's memory

Hi guys,

I'm planning on purchasing a workstation soon, but i need advice from experts on how many memory/ram should i be looking at. I will be buying from OEM such as DELL or HP, according to their workstation series there are models which can be upgraded to 16 GB, 24GB,72GB, 192GB.

Running on Windows 7 Pro 64-bit OS

Programs that i will be using consist of: DS Solidworks, Autocad, Autodesk 3Ds Max, Inventor, Adobe Creative Suite, perhaps Bunkspeed or other rendering programs not to forget MS Office + +

As this is the first time i will be buying a workstation i need feedback or advice from people who's doing the same task and perhaps running programs of such.
I'm looking to optimize the performance of my workflow, in reality do i need 70GB ++ of rams ? The task i will be doing is designing Products, interior space, 3D modeling, Rendering + +

Please advice me,
Thank you very much for your help!
:)

16-24 GB will probably be enough, but it really comes down to the size of your models and how much multitasking with these apps you will be doing. Take a look at your current memory usage on your current rig by watching Taskman to get an idea.

Back