World of Warcrack... Warcraft not running well on Nvidia Geforce 8400?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pyromaster114

Okay, so here's what we're dealing with:

CPU:
Intel Pentium Dual Core E5200 2.5GHz

Motherboard:
Gigabyte G31M-ES2L

RAM:
2GB DDR2

Graphics Card:
Nvidia Geforce 8400 256MB (PCI-E x16 interface)

Graphics drivers:
Nvidia default supplied drivers.

Now, the problem is this thing should render WoW just fine, and certainly on the lowest settings, without any lag or jitters. It doesn't. Start up the game, the little logon screen graphics lag. Log in, the in game frame rate is low as **** even in low population areas (under 15 FPS all the time), and nothing seems to go quite right.

Now some people said "Oh well the Nvidia Geforce 8400 sucks" on other forums, but that's really not the case, because both my Sony Vaio laptop and my friend's old shitty computer have an 8400 in them, and run WoW at max settings no problem. And my friend's computer is using the PCI slot for the graphics card.

I'm gonna try changing to Omega drivers and see if that helps.

Anyone have any other suggestions?

Okay update: Using Nvidia Geforce 8400 with Omega drivers (version 2.169.21). Testing WoW to see how it goes.

EDIT:
Okay, so the jitter problem was fixed easily when someone suggested selecting Vertical Sync, and taking it out of Windowed mode when playing full screen.

That aside, I'm still only getting 10 fps at a good moment.

EDIT 2:
I've found what causes it to drop from around 40fps to about 7 - 10 fps... the shadow detail.
Now my question is why? Can anyone explain that to me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back