TechSpot

WORLD OF WARCRAFT I MUST PLAY but how???

By marty1360
Aug 22, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i rly need someones help on this i rly wanna play world of warcraft i would prob give 100 dollars to be able to play it but sadly my comp wont be able to play it is wht i think.. so here is wht i got

windows 2000
    intel 3 processor
    (i think my video card is this im ot sure cuse i dunno where to rly find out wht im usin lol) intell 82810e graphics contoller

and thats all i kno im not rly all that great wit comps to be honest but pls i need help!!!!!!!!!
  2. Sab3r

Sab3r TS Rookie Posts: 72

no you can't run it, you'll need at least (this is a configuration that I knows that
    works but with lots of pc lag) a pentium 4 1.6Ghz, videocard: Geforce 3 TI, 256mb ram.
    Those are the specs that work but with pc lag, my friend has a configuration like
    that but he going to get a new pc.

anyway I recommend:
    AMD athlon 2400+, doesn't have to be 64bit
    Geforce FX 5700 or ATI 9800 pro
    memory: 512 to 1gb of ram (1gb is more expensive but the system will run smoother
    and allows more tasks at a time, 1gb is recommended)

and these are the basics, so I wont go on about mobo, HD and dvd.
  3. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 25,948   +19

These are the official system requirements for WOW.

# 800 MHz or higher CPU
    # 256 MB or more of RAM
    # 32 MB 3D graphics card with hardware transform and lighting, such as GeForce 2 or better
    # 4 GB or more of available hard drive space
    # DirectX® 9.0c or above
    # A 56k or higher modem with an Internet connection

Regards Howard :)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.