TechSpot

World of Warcraft issues

By alise
Mar 7, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I play WOW a lot, my computer was specifically built so that I could play games like these without a lot of lag and without my CPU overheating. The last couple weeks my computer had been shutting itself down during the day, mostly in the middle of the day so I put it down to overheating. I moved it to a cooler room with lots of fans, basically, it hit about fifty in here today. When that didn't fix the problem I started getting rid of programs that I didn't need. Didn't work. Did a websearch and found out that other people were having problems with Cosmos, so I uninstalled however, I uninstalled the wrong folder. Thinking it wouldnt' do any harm I completely uninstalled the game itself and went to reinstall it. I got to the fourth disk and my computer again shut itself down. Now when I attempt to download it wont' even recognize the "installer" on disk one so I can begin the install process. Does anyone have any ideas? I'm looking for my windows disk now so that I can start from scratch, but any help in avoiding that would be appreciated.

Thanks!!
    Alise
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.