World of Warcraft on Acer downgraded to XP

By edawgrules
Dec 28, 2008
  1. On my new Acer Veriton M410, I downgraded to XP using the downgrade cd provided. When I try to play World of Warcraft, I get an IRQL NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error with parameters "stop 0x0000000a (0x00000008, 0x0000000z, ox00000000, 0x804fc6c9)". The error message mentioned no .dll or .sys. Is there a way to determine which driver isn't being recognized? Acer Support wasn't much help. They just told me to download all the drivers on their website, which I did, to no avail.
  2. CCT

CCT TS Evangelist Posts: 2,653   +6

3. edawgrules

edawgrules TS Rookie Topic Starter

I tried the resolution suggested on the link, but when I type "rdisk /s" it says Windows cannot find rdisk.
  4. CCT

CCT TS Evangelist Posts: 2,653   +6

My apologioes - linked the wrong KB - see here;

The key things to consider are; "Typically, this error occurs when a driver uses an incorrect memory address. Other possible causes of this error include an incompatible device driver, a general hardware problem, or incompatible software."

With the ' IRQL NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error ' I would first suspect a Ram problem.

Run Memtest.
  5. poteljito

poteljito TS Rookie Posts: 39

Is it saying something ndis.sys?
  6. edawgrules

No .sys or .dll is mentioned. It's amazing that I've gotten better tech support from blizzard and online forums than from acer.
  7. edawgrules

I ran Memtest and didn't get any errors.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.