Worldeye is the animated globe that offers a realistic visual experience of the world

By Shawn Knight
Oct 20, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. There was once a time when owning a desk globe was viewed as a bit of a status symbol but now, it simply means you’ve fallen behind the times (see Google Maps). A Japanese company by the name of Gakken...

Read more
  2. Timonius

Timonius TechSpot Booster Posts: 574   +31

Interesting. But with curved display technology just around the corner (It's here in some limited forms), someone will do better.
  3. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,915   +724

Just another expensive gimmick as far as I'm concerned.
  4. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,803   +1,431

Another object to put on a shelf and collect dust, for all to worship. LOL
    davislane1 likes this.
  5. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,797   +882

It is pretty gimmicky, but pretty cool. I would take Google earth over this.
  6. A really nice idea there!
    but it should be a touchscreen connected to the internet and running google earth right on that globe directly

so you could zoom in and out with your fingers swipe to turn the globe and such
  7. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,803   +1,431

For $650, you would think that was the way it is.
    captainawesome likes this.
  8. WithoutAnyMilk

WithoutAnyMilk Newcomer, in training Posts: 28   +10

How is owning a desk globe a sign of having "fallen behind the times"? If anything, I'd say it's relevant insofar that you're one of the few people left in existence who actually knows global geography.

Don't believe me? Ask anyone at work if they can point to Sudan. Or if you really want to shame them: Iraq or Afghanistan. There are plenty of folks who can't even point to France, Italy, or the Mediterranean Sea. o.O

Fallen behind? Nah. But then again, I'm probably just an old fuddy-duddy.
  9. For $653, I could purchase a cheap mini projector & tablet, then display google maps on a wall with interactivity being on the tablet...with more features.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.