TechSpot

1. TechSpot Forums are dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot Forums are dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

World's first connected toothbrush surfaces at CES, encourages better dental hygiene

By Shawn Knight · 4 replies
Jan 6, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Connected home appliances are moving from the kitchen, living room and the laundry room into the bathroom. No, I’m not talking about a Wi-Fi enabled toilet (although I’m sure someone will market a connected commode at some point) but rather...

Read more

2. EClyde

EClyde TS Guru Posts: 805   +216

Ho Hum

3. Gars

Gars TS Booster Posts: 227

Horay!
    thats like St.Johan in the Apple callendar?

4. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar Elite Techno Geek Posts: 6,486   +966

Dont fix what isnt broken!

5. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,998   +2,290

$100-$200 for a gimmicky toothbrush? They're not shy are they? I'd hate to be the rep at their stand at CES. For over 5 decades now I've been brushing my teeth the good old fashioned way with a normal (non electric) toothbrush and I still have all my teeth and still in great nick. I won't be surprised if this nonsense is labeled as the gimmick of the year. This is a money making scam if I've ever seen one.
    As JC713 so succinctly puts it, "If it ain't broken, don't fix it".
    On another note I wonder why a toothbrush is called a toothbrush... Which tooth is it meant to brush? I know it sounds silly but teethbrush would be a more apt name. :)

Last edited: Jan 7, 2014