Worm/ludder

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ran malewarebytes and found this worm on my pc. I have now run hijackthis and I have no idea what it means so any help would be great.

I am backing up now as I wait for a reply:

It will take me 8+ hours just to do step one. I run a scan every night and every night but last night my scans were clean. Last night my computer overheated and shut down so the scan was not completed which prompted me to begin investigating. malewarebytes was my first course of action as it generally does a good job of finding the problems. Now I just want to remove it. It will take me less time to reformat and reinstall everything than to follow those instructions.

So I guess that will be my course of action.

Matalina

There is no need to reformat your system. If you do not follow those steps we're unable to tell the depth of infection of your system and thus cannot assist you in cleaning it.

Spyder_1386 :)

I understand that but I run a business from my computer the time it will take me to do just a virus scan in the middle of the day will run 8+ hours (it takes 8+ hours at night when no one is touching the computer). And if I do go through all those steps and then you go and say there is no hope I wasted away the day doing all that when I could have spent putting my PC back together from a clean install.

I appreciate the help but the simplest course of action will be to back up reformat etc. And from another thread about this they said if you do any home banking then you'll want to reformat. As I do do that (though have not logged in to my knowledge with this virus attached to my PC). I feel it best to reformat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back