Inactive Worms & Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worms and Bugs, seem to get in computer very easy and I can't seem to get them all out. I am a real estate appraiser who spends 3/4 of my time in front of one of these magical time-savers. Lately been spending more time cleaning than working. Something hit me and corrupted ALL of my website favorites, they are all still there, but have changed in appearance and they also do not work. All the sites went from showing thier name different colors, .net, .com .org. etc. Now all bookmarks start with a dull blue/white icon, all text is the same and all end in .url. also some of the text has ~~~ mixed in. I have tried every cleaner I could find, did more harm than good. Also had "lsass.exe system error" that would pop-up, if you left it alone, moved it out of the way I could work, but if you click OK or X it would shut machine down. Some of my cleaning must have got it, its not there today. Lastly I can not load Microsoft Fixit, console, or updates. get messages:
Fixit troubleshooting has encountered an error
The certificate is not trusted or invalid
This problem does not apply to this computer
Exfarmer -- Sorry for the length --- any thoughts?

As this forum is for introductions only and not for posting problems, this post will be moved to the Virus and Malware removal forum where you can get expert help to clean your PC.

Welcome_crash.gif

(Image courtesy animationplayhouse.com)

Welcome to TechSpot! I'll help you exterminate those Worms and bugs!

I have tried every cleaner I could find, did more harm than good.
You are probably right!

If you would like us to check the system for malware, please follow the steps in the Preliminary Virus and Malware Removal thread HERE.

When you have finished, leave the logs for review in your next reply .
NOTE: Logs must be pasted in the replies. Attached logs will not be reviewed.

NOTE: In addition to the message below in red, I'd like you to uninstall the programs you used in the attempts to clean. Follow the steps in the thread above and if any additional programs are needed, I'll instruct you to run them.
Please do not use any other cleaning programs or scans while I'm helping you, unless I direct you to. Do not use a Registry cleaner or make any changes in the Registry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back