Would like someone to read my minidump

By Vitax
Mar 15, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. I was recently putting together a new config. I have random freezes and BSOD couple of times a day. I am suspecting my RAM. This is my recent BSOD minidump, could someone read it for me please?

Note: I tried to upload the file without packing it, but for some reason I am not able to do it: ''The uploaded file does not have an allowed extension.''

031513-19000-01.dmp

Attached Files:

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,673   +152

Your hard drive could be failing...
  3. Vitax

Vitax Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Can you explain please?
  4. Tmagic650

You need to test the hard drive. What is it's model and type? SATA, IDE or SSD?
  5. Vitax

Ok, I understand. I have 2 SATA Hard Drives. But the question was How did you get to this outcome? Because with my little minidump reading knowledge I got to the point, where I think, I may know what was the problem. Before the BSOD occurred I was running 5 memtests taking up 11.6 GB of memory. I think my comp tried to hibernate and could not because of my memtests taking up most of the accessible RAM. BTW I have 12GB of RAM installed.
  6. Tmagic650

The minidump shows a INTERNAL POWER ERROR Bug Check String. This indicates a possible problem with the boot drive. So 12GB memory means that you have 3 4GB modules installed? Are they all the same type and speeds
  7. Vitax

They are all the same brand and speed, they are part of the same package.
  8. Tmagic650

Do you know how to check a hard drive?
  9. Vitax

With a software made for that purpose or HDSK I assume.
  10. Tmagic650

CHKDSK is a good start. Your hard drive's support website may have better hard drive testing software though

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.