Would this be good for gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, hi i just bought this laptop about 2 days or so ago, and i was wondering would these components in it be good for a game called Dragonica Online? because i play and it seems to lagg and i dont know what the problem is so here is what my info says:

Model: HP G61 Notebook PC

Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II Dual-Core M300 2.00 GHz

Installed memory (RAM): 3.00 GB (2.75 GB usable) (i already have the game installed)

System type: 64-bit Operating System

Now i installed it the first day and it ran so smoothly but here is what else i have well this is what Cpu-z tells me anyways.

Clocks (Core #0):

Core Speed: 798.0 MHz

Multiplier:x4

Bus Speed: 199.5 MHz

HT Link: 1595.9 MHz

Cache:

L1 Cache: 2 x 64 KBytes (2-Way)

L2 Cache: 2 x 512 KBytes (16-Way)

Now this is the type of Graphics Card i have.

AMD M889G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200

And underneath it it says Memory: Size 336 MBytes

Now i know completley nothing about computers and laptops exept for how to use them and stuff like that and i am also running Windows 7 which i heard is horrible for gaming and i always thought the operating system had nothing to do with how games will run but what do i know right? well can some1 please explain to me why this game is lagging? it only takes up about 400MB on my pc or so so idk why this is happening if some1 could please help me out and tell me what i am missing this would be great thank you for wasting your time on my rediculously long post its much Appriciated. :) :) :) :) :) :)

Laptops in general are not designed for gaming, and your ATI Mobility Radeon 4200 is probably only designed for some HD video and very light gaming. I've never heard of Dragonica Online, but I assume it's just a MMORPG and doesn't sound like a very demanding game, so you may want to check your internet connection/wireless card to see if that's causing the lag.

You're well within the system requirements:
The minimum and recommended system requirements for Dragonica Online follow:

Minimum Requirements
CPU: Pentium 4 1.6GHz, AMD XP 2500+, AMD Athlon64 2800+ or better
RAM: Higher than 512MB
Graphic Card: GeForce2, ATI X300, Geforce 5500/6200/7300 or better
Connection: 56K Internet Connection
HDD Space: 2GB

Recommended Requirements
CPU: Pentium 4 2.4GHz or better
RAM: 1GB or higher
Graphic Card: GeForceFX 5700 or better
Connection: Broadband Internet Connection
HDD Space: 2GB or higher

Generally speaking, lag in a game is due to a network issue. Low frame rate is a hardware issue. Some people call it lag when they're getting low frame rate.

Try lowering some of the video settings in game (if they have any) and see if that helps? Try a lower resolution as well.

I have a gateway NV53 with the same specs. I am able to play L4D & L4D2 on med, WoW on med and C&C3 med/high fine at native resolution. (1366x768)

The HD4200 is a nice little IGP but it's still an IGP.

The M300 can handle just about whatever you want but the IGP will hit it's limit in gaming before it will.

You have AMD M889G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 graphics card and 3GB RAM i think you have no problem to install any type of game. Don't worry start your any onlinegame without any fear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back