Would WoW work on Windows Vista?

By Steve J.
May 12, 2008
  1. I'm planning on getting an MMORPG this summer, and World of Warcraft seems to be my top choice. Will it work on Windows Vista?
  2. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 7,022   +612

It does work on Vista, I have been playing it for a few weeks now without a problem.
  3. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,202   +422

Don't do it Steve! I've been an addict since release. I wouldn't wish this upon my enemies.
  4. peteriskandar09

peteriskandar09 TS Rookie Posts: 22

get the battlechest or a newly updated version because the old version had some probelms
  5. fullmetalvegan

fullmetalvegan TS Enthusiast Posts: 123

I'm curious, why would you think it wouldn't work on Vista? Is that a rumour you heard or just caution? =]
  6. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 7,022   +612

I believe there were some initial performance problems on Vista, but since I was very late to the party I never had a problem using the latest patched client.

Agreed with Papa, it's not something you want to recommend if you want to keep productivity up.
  7. Steve J.

Steve J. TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thank you for your replies. The reason I'm concerned is because I tried installing Knights of the Old Republic and my computer had all sorts of problems afterwards.
  8. HughJass

HughJass TS Rookie Posts: 120

Yeah, dont play WoW. Its just too good you wont want to stop. I quit it a month back, and I have acheived huge results since.
    I recommend reading a book instead... something like "Buffettology" would be good

p.s. No this is not a joke
  9. Leopardson

Leopardson TS Rookie

Warning about WoW: You'll have to go to rehab to quit.

My brother has been playing WoW in Vista with not too many problems for over 5 months now.

I suggest something more boring like Everquest, so you can actually sleep.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.