WOW at work, blocked network help

By vhermin
May 13, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I would like to play wow at work, but unfortunatley my network administrator isnt the most cooperative person in the world and has blocked it. To the point where I he wont let me use my laptop on the network and so I had to go via a proxy to access the internet.

I have read people discussing tunnels and socks and that sort of business, but It isnt exactly my strong point.

If anyone has any suggestions I would really appreciate some assistance, but please remember I am a self confessed total noob at IT.

I would be using my laptop to play the game as discretion is a must.

Regards
    Vhermin
  2. Edwin Phate

Edwin Phate Newcomer, in training Posts: 180

I have a idea why dont you actually work and earn the money you get paid instead?
  3. techflame23

techflame23 Newcomer, in training Posts: 65

yea its a bit cheeky, playing WOW at work.... What if your boss catches you in the act.
  4. Myzz617

Myzz617 Newcomer, in training Posts: 382

your better off getting into extrememobwars.com or themafiaboss.com

those online games where it is browser based is something more discreet and does not acquire too much attention.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.