TechSpot

Wow - COD: MW3 is receiving unbelievably bad user reviews

By TomSEA
Nov 8, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Leeky

Leeky TS Evangelist Posts: 4,378   +99

Says it all really. And that's probably the politest response I just read...

2. mopar man

mopar man TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,492

Not hating, but thank god.

I'm so tired of hearing my friends boast about their prestige and nuking ability.

99% of my CoD-fan acquaintances are Console gamers who haven't heard of Battlefield 3, let alone played it.

I enjoy the game, but nowhere near as much as flying a jet.

3. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Posts: 5,914   +93

Apperently the console version is getting rave reviews @ meta according to Hexus
    .....whats a console?

Check the the average of 90% rating from the critics....and the 2.7 from users...WTH?
    http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-3

4. dustin_ds3000

dustin_ds3000 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,129

i been watching YouTube videos for the mw3 online and i got to say it looks exactly like mw2

5. mopar man

mopar man TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,492

I've noticed that console gamers (and i mean console elitists) don't want strategy as much as run'n'gun. Battlefield is a game of tactic (more-so than CoD at least [imo]) and CoD is a k/d grudge match.

6. Leeky

[​IMG]

:D

P.S. That was my first ever computer. A joint Christmas and Birthday present for me and my brother. I can almost recall Teenage mutant ninja turtles on it as well! Gosh the water level was a killer... Could never do it. :(

7. red1776

Hehe, here was mine. 1973 I think

[​IMG]

8. Leeky

They certainly don't make them like they used to. :haha:

I doubt I was even a thought in my parents minds back in '73. Was another nine years before my arrival.

9. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Topic Starter Posts: 2,390   +425

Ya know what Red1776? That was my first one too and believe it or not, I STILL HAVE IT. :)

When my Mom passed away a couple of years ago we were going through her things and I'll be damned if she didn't have that original Pong game we played as kids stashed away. I snapped it up in nothing flat. Almost scared to hook it up to my HDTV to see what it looks like...LOL.

10. red1776

How would you do that i wonder? this is the hookup as I remember

[​IMG]

I think I still have the next gen...Pong+'breakout' in a box in the basement... it was in color!

11. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Topic Starter Posts: 2,390   +425

Yup, you're right, that is the hookup. I'm sure I could find an adapter somewhere, but as it is now - I couldn't hook it up to anything I have. I'd literally have to go buy an old school TV to hook up that oldest school game..LOL.

12. Relic

Relic TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,392   +16

Ya the user reviews really seemed skewed with MW3; Amazon has a better picture of it but still a lot of bashing.

I'll give Activision props on one thing, they do deliver on what their core audience wants and stay true to themselves. And from everything I've read and seen so far this game is just more of the same at a faster pace with tweaks. Call of Duty gameplay however is simply no longer my cup of tea on top of them still ignoring essential PC features of the past. I'll stick with BF3 for the time and try to ignore its oversights :stickout: .

13. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,419   +1,597

This is the first thing I was introduced to.

[​IMG]

14. treetops

treetops TS Evangelist Posts: 1,727   +63

I only go off user reviews after the bashing duke nukem forever took. I know it wasn't the best game in the world but it didn't deserve the reviewer scores. 2.0 though for a user score? That is really low and I am guessing it will improve.

Coleco vision? Ours was called something like N-Television. Tron deadly discs was epicly fun I think I still have it somewhere.

@Ninja Turtles, yeah the water level was hard I got stumped on finding\using the damn rope, I got to the last level but couldn't beat it without a game genie.

Edit Intellivision

15. jester376

jester376 TS Enthusiast Posts: 53

Modern Warfare 3 was too short, and the endings are all the same in each one, it so stupid, just a different boss.

16. tonylukac

tonylukac TS Maniac Posts: 960   +23

And the Techspot article yesterday said COD went over $1 billion in sales. Go figure.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.