WoW: Mists of Pandaria coming September 25, special editions detailed

Matthew DeCarlo

Blizzard has announced that World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria will launch on September 25. The MMORPG's fourth expansion will be offered three different packages: a standard copy for $40 via retailers and Blizzard's digital store, a $60 Digital Deluxe version and an $80 Collector's Edition.

Although Blizzard usually sells a premium retail boxed set, the Digital Deluxe offering is a first for WoW expansions and will let customers splurge on special in-game content without paying for physical extras such as an art book. It includes WoW-specific perks such as an "Imperial Quilen" flying mount, a "Lucky Quilen Cub" pet, as well as Infested Orc and Night Elf Templar Battle.net portraits in StarCraft II and a Pandaria-themed Diablo III banner sigil and accent.

Players who initially purchase the $40 copy will be able to upgrade to the Digital Deluxe version after the fact for $20. Folks who buy the pricier Collector's Edition will get all of the aforementioned digital goods in addition to a behind-the-scenes DVD/Blu-ray set with over an hour of commentary, interviews and developer roundtables, a 20-song soundtrack, a 208-page hardcover artbook and a mouse pad featuring the legendary Pandaren brewmaster "Chen Stormstout."

The add-on centers around the discovery of Pandaria as the Alliance and Horde rush to stake their claim and plumb the depths of the long-lost continent. It boosts the level cap from 85 to 90 and adds a new class (the Monk), playable race (the Pandaren), a pet battle system, fresh PvE scenarios, challenge modes, a revamped talent system, and tons of new quests. The expansion is also said to include three new raids, four new battlegrounds and nine new dungeons.

blizzard mists pandaria

"Mists of Pandaria contains the biggest variety of new content we've ever created for a World of Warcraft expansion, with features that will appeal to new players, veterans, and everyone in between," said Mike Morhaime, Blizzard CEO and cofounder. "We've received a lot of great feedback from players during our most extensive beta test yet, and we hope they enjoy exploring everything Pandaria has to offer when the expansion comes out in September."

Permalink to story.

WoW is easy to run, and with its new features/enhancements can run & look good on low-mid systems and also reward people with higher end systems. Anyone dissing Pandaria admits them self as a fool, these creatures have always been a large part of the lore, and appeared in Warcraft 3 I believe.
As far as how long the game has been out and its expansions, who cares?
Thats what makes PC games so great. New mods, updates, and texture packs that aren't restricted to hardware limitations like a console make the PC platform what it is.
GTA4 and Crysis 2 are good examples as well of a game lasting many years and getting quite impressive mods/improvements.

If you enjoy WoW for what it is, its still fun to play.

Rehashed content and when you figure out everything is the same, it gets old. I started with the beta and played through 2010. Nothing much to do.

For those who haven't experienced WoW, sure it may be fun. Titan is set to launch in 2013. Blizzard needs a new MMO.

"Anyone dissing Pandaria admits them self as a fool, these creatures have always been a large part of the lore, and appeared in Warcraft 3 I believe."

There was one pandaren in WC3. There has never been any lore about Pandaria up until Mists was announced. It was even admitted that Shen Stormsnout was an April fool's joke that stemmed from a drawing that one of the graphic designers made for his daughter. They even used the pandarens as one of their april fools jokes in either 2009 or 2010. So if always actually means "the last couple months" then yes, pandaren have always been a large part of the lore.

all the people who doesnt have a GW2 or WOW account would most likely go for GW2, since its actualy a new game.

but people who has played wow might just reactivate to get those extra missions.

new players will go to GW2, old wow players will most likely get this, and people who are tired of wow will defnitly skip this for gw2.

Guild Wars 2 also does not have a monthly subscription. it's a one-time payment, like any non-MMO game, and potentially years of entertainment... who knows?

all the people who doesnt have a GW2 or WOW account would most likely go for GW2, since its actualy a new game.

but people who has played wow might just reactivate to get those extra missions.

new players will go to GW2, old wow players will most likely get this, and people who are tired of wow will defnitly skip this for gw2.

GW2 in my eyes is terrible, played it and there is nothing special about it apart from things. Dynamic Events are basically Rifts.

No longer play WoW either, majority of the MMOs are terrible.

Played SWTOR and once I capped at 50 it was terrible.

Saying GW2 is terrible is bit over the top, il rephrase. Its nothing special. On top of the Dynamic Events its fresh and new game and no monthly fee will make it more attractive to potential buyers.

Rehashed content and when you figure out everything is the same, it gets old. I started with the beta and played through 2010. Nothing much to do.

For those who haven't experienced WoW, sure it may be fun. Titan is set to launch in 2013. Blizzard needs a new MMO.

What? Titan in 2013? Doubtful. Most don't even know what Titan will be, whether MMOFPS, F2P MMO, another MMORPG or something completely different.

"set to launch" implies that Blizzard gave a release date, well there isn't.

So if always actually means "the last couple months" then yes, pandaren have always been a large part of the lore.

Wrong. The Panderen race has been in the lore as long as anything else. The pandaren are originally from central Kalimdor where they established the Pandaren Empire. They were allies of the night elves until they saw their obsession with magic getting out of control. The Pandaren were originally in Warcraft 2, as a silly comical race but, they were there. Warcraft 2 was created in 1995. Kung Fu panda was released in 2008. That's 13 years in differance- unless Blizz has real-life prophecies, I doubt they had copied the idea.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Pandaren

The info about the april fools joke and drawing are true, but that doesn't change the fact they have been around and even appeard in Warcraft II.

I don't remember any pandas in war2 or the books that came with the game. Yeah they have a panda in the war3 tavern added in like 06? Anyways yes anything remotely similar to kung fu panda will grab the kiddies attention, its a wise move from a business standpoint. Reminds me of my old panda ninja turtle action figure.

I don't remember any pandas in war2 or the books that came with the game. Yeah they have a panda in the war3 tavern added in like 06? Anyways yes anything remotely similar to kung fu panda will grab the kiddies attention, its a wise move from a business standpoint. Reminds me of my old panda ninja turtle action figure.

Have you even read what Armstech said? Oh wait, inb4 "fanboys" comment.

Have you even read what Armstech said? Oh wait, inb4 "fanboys" comment.
I have no clue what that image is there for. Hmm still dont remember anything about pandas in warcraft 2. I think he had a typo. Your missing the point, no my point was not that they copied kung fu panda. It is just that it is convenient and smart of them to make a panda expansion to appeal the people who like the kung fu panda movie. And since its a cartoon I am going to guess thats mostly children and teens who were children when they saw the movie.

when you assume U make a A S S out of ME.

p.s. my kung fu panda\pandaren looking teenage mutant ninja turtle action figure somewhere at my little cousins house is from like from1989 and im sure someone can dig up even older kung fu panda looking drawings dating back to the cavemen

found him on amazon lol
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51uLlv67S1L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I thought that too at first but it turns out that the Pandaren are part of the longer running storyline, going all the way back to the rts days, thought they never made an actual appearance in the rts warcraft.

however cause of kung fu panda and other less than interesting qualities about them, I never though blizzard would have the balls to try and make an expansion muchless playable character out of them!

I thought that too at first but it turns out that the Pandaren are part of the longer running storyline, going all the way back to the rts days, thought they never made an actual appearance in the rts warcraft.

however cause of kung fu panda and other less than interesting qualities about them, I never though blizzard would have the balls to try and make an expansion muchless playable character out of them!

They did in WC3 Frozen Throne as a hero class.

Back