WoW patch 3.2 to deliver new 80 player battleground

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew DeCarlo

Staff

World of Warcraft's upcoming major content patch, Call of the Crusade, is expected to deliver a new 80 player battleground. Much like Alterac Valley, the new battleground “Isle of Conquest” supports up to 40 players on each side. Both the Alliance and Horde have keeps which house the factions’ generals – who can be killed to claim victory. Also akin to Alterac Valley is the reinforcement system and the ability to capture various points on the map.

This isn’t to downplay the latest battleground as a rehash. The Isle of Conquest also includes siege weaponry and vehicles to be taken advantage of. By controlling certain points on the map, your faction can use the associated weaponry. Some of the featured siege weapons include the Glaive Thrower, the Catapult and even an airship. These weapons give the new battleground more dimension and room for strategy than Alterac Valley.

Also included in this patch is an expansion to the Argent Tournament, the Crusaders’ Coliseum, and the beginning of Arena Season 7. As always, if you wish to preview this patch you can give it a whirl on the Public Test Realm. Blizzard has yet to announce an official release date for patch 3.2. That said, based on pure speculation, I foresee its arrival in late August. If Arena Season 6 is to follow the two previous seasons, its duration will be 17 weeks, ending August 18 with Season 7 commencing the following Tuesday, August 25.

Permalink to story.

Alterac Valley was a bit rubbish.

When released originally it was way too big and fights were too bottlenecked with too many NPCs so no one could win.

When it was "fixed" the game was played by rushing past the opposing forces (who were heading in the opposite direction straight to your friendly boss npc) and pulling the mobs one after the other then having a pve encounter to kill the enemy boss.

Not exactly breathtaking pvp. Hope they have fixed it for this one.

AHH! that is true! i'm glad i'm not the only one who didn't find Alterac Valley "amazing" then again, i've only just started playing wow properly, used to go round my mates house and play on his characters lol

Yes, here in Earth alot of ppl still play WoW...

How are things in your planet?

Fairly sure they are close to 12 million users.

It will be nice to see the new place. But will need a few months to let the 10yr olds have their fill and get out of the way.

ppl do still play wow sorry u quit and have to make fun of people with a hobby

I'm just glad they brought back the Winterax Troll in the ampitheater. (Ring of Blood II)

seige weapons...awesome. hopefully in in 3.3 they'll introduce the sniper rifle and grenade launcher. ooooh, and i want a photon shield!!

uhhh siege weapons kinda make since and go with the lore of wow. you can make a mechanical bird to ride and use high tech guns good job tho.

meh, WoW is for carebears. Glad to hear people are still losing childhoods and pensions over it. I mean...its good its still around for those that like it.

meh, WoW is for carebears. Glad to hear people are still losing childhoods and pensions over it. I mean...its good its still around for those that like it.

question: Have you ever played it? I only ask because like you I talked and disapproved and thought it was a waste of time etc etc granted..realistically just about any game is and always will be to most "a waste of time."

However one day my favorite yet old FPS tank game "Tanarus" was down due to server maintence and I installed the WoW 10 day trial. you would be surprised oh how complicated the game gets depending on how in depth you wish to go.

example: when 40 individual real life players have to work together, all assigned to do different task in order to win a single boss fight. If thats not teamwork, a great online social experience, what is!

Michael

Not to play down the much more in depth aspects of the new patch, but I'm really looking forward to the new skinning on the druids.

As someone who plays multiple characters due to lack of interest and boredom after a while, I believe this will give me the drive to finally level mine.

And I used to giggle at Wow players quite a bit until I installed the trial.

Two expansions later and I still enjoy it from time to time.

Don't knock it till you try it.

~Gweneviere

It doesn't sound like any of you played WoW back when things still mattered, or were a challenge. Now every part of the game is push over easy designed for the whiney helmet kids who wanted it made that way. The fact that when lich king was released, all of it's content was cleared within three days should be proof enough of that. Anyone with half a brain can destroy the PvE within a week. that is why the game is for Carebears now.

Yes, too bad you weren't around when WoW pvp was -awful- and dungeons were only inhabited by the jobless. You really missed out! Blizzard did the right thing and dumbed the game down a bit, not to say it can't still be challenging, exciting, etc.

In regards to the new patch, I'm very excited. Not only do I get more alt-levelling goodies, but also more dungeons and pvp to explore. I just hope they do the seige combat right this time. As it stands, the whole rig is a joke - a miserable lag infested landscape filled with unhappy death knights and pallies who just want their damn marks already!

WoW pvp still does suck, and they probably will never fix that. As far as dumbing down the pve portion of the game, well it has never been hard like in the old days of EQ. But regardless, it is still a fun game, with a vast variety of things to do and acheive, and I'm sure the newest patch will just bring in more to offer!

You hit it right on the money.... WoW pvp is a joke, and if someone only wants to spend there time doing pvp, they definitely picked the wrong game. And for whatever retard made the comment about making the game easier... well the game started off easy to level and easy to raid. There has never been a true "elitist" group that were the only ones able to raid. WoW overall has the most to offer in the terms of variety, and almost every aspect of the game is the game is fun (minus pvp in my opinion.)

WoW's appeal is not that it's great in any one aspect of the game but the fact that it can cater to 11 million peoples different interest. A great social tool in my opinion. My only complaint is the addictive nature of the game. I play 2 hours a night and casually raid maybe once a week and i think i am addicted. Sadly there are people who seem to play every waking minute.

For all of you parents out there, it would be better to get the kids involved in sports or other hobbies but i agree WoW is a fantastic game.

i may level some some new toons with this new mount patch.........hell ya........may even do a priest

I played WoW for a few months, it wasn't so bad did end up enjoying it because I had roommates to play with.

Must say I got rather bored after a while however, didn't have the patience/time for it in the end.

Priest? you never made a priest????
GO FOR IT!!! You'll have some fun, but get some friends around you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back