TechSpot

Wow, that was weird...

By captaincranky
May 18, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. I tried to access the WOF directly from the "Forums" page, a got this error:, "you do not have permission to access this page or perform this action".

I see that the thread was in the process of being edited, is that what caused the error?

2. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 6,916   +345

It might have but I don't know for certain.

3. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Topic Starter Posts: 11,137   +1,618

My poor old heart went pitter patter...:eek: I thought I had been summarily banned...LOL (Through no fault of my own, I might add).;)

4. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,205   +2,642

I think I have gotten that error before, when the link points to a comment that has been removed from view. Meaning the comment is still there, but only visible by mods or equivalent.

5. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Topic Starter Posts: 11,137   +1,618

I think you're absolutely right Clifford! In fact, I got the same error in the same thread again while you were having your post pulled........:oops: ROFL

6. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,205   +2,642

That wouldn't surprise me. :)

7. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,943   +552

I posted the story last night ahead of time, before it was ready and in theory I took it down less than a minute after. Maybe the forum thread didn't hide properly, so there you go...