Wow, that was weird...

By captaincranky
May 18, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. I tried to access the WOF directly from the "Forums" page, a got this error:, "you do not have permission to access this page or perform this action".

I see that the thread was in the process of being edited, is that what caused the error?
  2. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,385   +205

It might have but I don't know for certain.
  3. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Topic Starter Posts: 10,400   +832

My poor old heart went pitter patter...:eek: I thought I had been summarily banned...LOL (Through no fault of my own, I might add).;)
  4. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,765   +1,427

I think I have gotten that error before, when the link points to a comment that has been removed from view. Meaning the comment is still there, but only visible by mods or equivalent.
  5. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Topic Starter Posts: 10,400   +832

I think you're absolutely right Clifford! In fact, I got the same error in the same thread again while you were having your post pulled........:oops: ROFL
  6. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,765   +1,427

That wouldn't surprise me. :)
  7. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,511   +308

I posted the story last night ahead of time, before it was ready and in theory I took it down less than a minute after. Maybe the forum thread didn't hide properly, so there you go...

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.