Wrong links in Google

By Hans95
Jan 2, 2009
  1. Hello

When I use Google (with Firefox or Internet Explorer), the first few links are wrong. For example, if I search "lake", the first result is " ", the second "". Only the first six or seven links are wrong.

How can I fix this problem?

Attached, you'll find the log-files from the 8-step Viruses/Spyware/Malware Preliminary Removal Instructions.

Attached Files:

2. rf6647

rf6647 TS Maniac Posts: 829

I plan to request that the 8-step guide be clear that a restart of the computer is needed immediately before running the HJT scan.

You probably have handled most of the infections.

Scan with HJT. Tick & fix. Restart the computer.
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [yuakg] "c:\windows\system32\yuakg.exe" yuakg
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [359F5809-00B8-4455-A73A-9EA62A51101B] "C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\All Users\Application Data\7E5E9C25.exe"
    O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\msjava.dll
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Konsole - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\msjava.dll
    Re-run scans with MBAM & SAS until clean or something remains that cannot be cleaned.

Scan with HJT.

Post logs & report current symptoms.
  3. Hans95

Hans95 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Google is working properly

Google has been working properly during the past few days. Attached, you'll find the log files.

Thank you very much for your help!!!!!

4. rf6647

rf6647 TS Maniac Posts: 829

Your report is encouraging. However, I detect 2 problems with my original reply. Additionally, obtain current version for MBAM.

HJT scan. Tick & Fix . Restart computer.
    Missed in first reply
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [1085036306] "C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\All Users\Application Data\845395704\1085036306.exe
    • Delete files for O4 items appearing in this code box and in the previous reply.

Update & scan with MBAM & SAS.

I suggest the use of ComboFix to determine if Java DLL file is infected.
    • C:\WINDOWS\system32\msjava.dll
    • Appearance in system32 is not documented.
    • File is candidate for deletion pending logs

Post log files and relate current experiences.

Supporting information
  5. Hans95

Hans95 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Google is still working ok. Attached, you'll find the newest log files.

When I wanted to use combofix, there was an alert that MacAffee and Virus Rescue 3.0 are activ. I could switch off MacAffee, but I didn't find VirusRescue 3.0. I'don't remember having installed Virus Rescue 3.0.
    How can I uninstall it? Is it a good program?

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.