WWF Wrestlemania?

I have a friend that does.
But I don't associate with him very often :p
I prefer the more classic methods of acting :rolleyes:

heheheh i watched that celebrity boxing on cable....

reminded me of the romans throwing people to the lions...

except you don't need a lion coz the horror is built in....

:)

Used to watch WCW a while back, but after it became a pay channel only available on cable, I dropped off... (It would cost way to much to get cabel and subscribe to the channel only to watch WCW...)

39.00 is ridiculous when you think of how much Vince McMahanon is worth and how much he makes every day on the WWF. He'll probably have 3-4 million viewers tonight worldwide. at 9.99 per house he would still make a killing.

Its Greed.

It's Rastlin' not wrestling. All show business now.
10-15 years ago, before the modern large arena era, you'd see a preliminary match from a TV set in Long Island. The bad guys like Nikolai Volkoff & weasely manager Nikita Breznikov cheated & won. In the subsequent interview, Breznikov would say, "Greetings degenerates, stupid illiterate Americans." while Volkoff held the USSR flag. This was all a pretense to sell tickets for the weekend headliner match @ the Armory.

I miss the old days. Iron Sheik vs Sgt. Slaughter. Dusty Rhodes, "Dirty" **** Murdoch, Harley Race, Superstar Graham, "Hitman" Hart, Jerry "The King" Lawler, Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka, George "The Animal" Steele, The Road Warriors etc.

Every since Hulk Hogan, who was a lousy wrestler but great showman, my interest has wanned.

I used to watch WWF a few years ago, but it only lasted a few months for me, too much acting for my taste, maybe it's good for seeing 20 minutes or so, but then it gets pretty boring.

Yeah I'll come hit you in the head with a metal chair a dozen times and you won't be bleeding or concussed. Just a little dizzy...

Its not to often that I laugh out loud to shows, WWF is one of them. Its so stupid, it makes me laugh.. ..ahh....
I do remember the good ol'e days of it though, rowdy piper was the funk...

I am not sure if this is good or bad, but I used to watch it with my dad a long time ago! To tell you the truth I don't think I have watched it in over 6 years or so. It got pretty old pretty quick, but I guess it is entertainment to some :confused:

watched it when i was a kid. stopped at around 10, i think...
the main reasons was i got into other sports, none on free tv, and it got boring after a couple of times (always the same routine: bash bash.. dizzy... bash bash... suplexes... bash bash... etc)

Alright, after watching last night over a friends house I have to admit that it was worth the 40 bucks. Hulk Hogan against the Rock was awesome. The Jerihco/Triple H match was very good as well.

It was a very entertaining 4 hours.

I think the biggest thing is that the usual pay per views are okay at best. Wrestlemania is once a year and is pretty special. The month ppv's are probably not worth the 39.99 but Wrestlemania is.

Originally posted by uncleel
It's Rastlin' not wrestling. All show business now.
10-15 years ago, before the modern large arena era, you'd see a preliminary match from a TV set in Long Island. The bad guys like Nikolai Volkoff & weasely manager Nikita Breznikov cheated & won. In the subsequent interview, Breznikov would say, "Greetings degenerates, stupid illiterate Americans." while Volkoff held the USSR flag. This was all a pretense to sell tickets for the weekend headliner match @ the Armory.

I miss the old days. Iron Sheik vs Sgt. Slaughter. Dusty Rhodes, "Dirty" **** Murdoch, Harley Race, Superstar Graham, "Hitman" Hart, Jerry "The King" Lawler, Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka, George "The Animal" Steele, The Road Warriors etc.

Every since Hulk Hogan, who was a lousy wrestler but great showman, my interest has wanned.

Whatever happened to hacksaw Jim Dugan ? :D

That was one funny guy...

Back