www.safteyuptodate.net..... HELP!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

swc0671

I have installed all kinds of spyware and anti-virus programs trying to get my computer back to normal. I keep getting this web page coming up when I open the internet explorer. Can someone tell me what I have and how to get rid of it?

System Alerts Also.

I'm also getting system alert:popups

I can't get this one to stop coming up either.

Hello and wselcome to Techspot.

Go HERE and follow the instructions exactly.

Post a fresh HJT log into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Your fix didn't work.

Thanks for the help but it didn't work. I have tried it as you wrote it down but I still have that same about:/blank screen that comes up when I open my Internet Explorer. Then the popups will start shortly there after.

Is there anything else you might can suggest I do?

In the screen that comes up they are advertizing a adware removal tool. I wonder if that one could remove the virus it has placed on my computer.

I'm saying it didn't work. I still have the same adware on my machine. Every time I try to open Internet Explorer I get the same "about:/blank" screen that pops up.

I'm still running my Mc Afee antivirus on the computer.

I also have another problem that started last night. There is a virus alert that comes up and within seconds the machine will reboot itself. Happens about 5 minutes after the computer comes up.

I got so pissed at it last night I almost threw the computer out the window.

I'll post that HJT log when I can get it to run. So far I haven't got anything that needs to be posted there.

I`m sorry to hear you`re having major problems.

Download and run the Windows malicious software removal tool from HERE. Maybe that`ll help.

Untill I have your HJT log, there`s not a lot I can do to help.

If it all gets too much, maybe backing up your important data and doing a reformat and reinstall will sort it out.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back