TechSpot

X-fi no sound from the back ports, but sound from front bay

By Evil_N00B
Jan 4, 2006
  1. I have a x-fi platinum and it was working great, then something screwed up and now I can only get sound by pluging in headphones into the front bay. the creative system information dose not detect the card, I even did a clean sweep install, nothing works, and my previous restor system points have disappeard. (I have it to keep a whole month's worth of changes.) any ideas, please help me.

Thank you

2. zachig

zachig TS Rookie Posts: 30

Try reinstalling the drivers!

• Evil_N00B

Evil_N00B TS Rookie Topic Starter

of course i did I even re-intalled it twice, a positive sighn is I heard power go to the bass during sstem start up, not a sound, but it shows that there some power to the ports I moved pci slots again and having the obo disabled or on auto does not help. I had anti virus disabbled when I did the re-install, for som reason the volum control detects the x-fi, but as I said earlier the actuall device is not. I think that the "x-fi" detected is a service/driver/dll that interacts with the card, like a middle man between the "driver" were I was changing the preferences. it is working because I hear sound through headphones in front bay, and I tried pluging them into back bay, but no sound. thanks

• Topic Status:
    Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
    Login or sign up for free,
    it takes about 30 seconds.
    You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.