X-fi no sound from the back ports, but sound from front bay

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a x-fi platinum and it was working great, then something screwed up and now I can only get sound by pluging in headphones into the front bay. the creative system information dose not detect the card, I even did a clean sweep install, nothing works, and my previous restor system points have disappeard. (I have it to keep a whole month's worth of changes.) any ideas, please help me.

Thank you

of course i did I even re-intalled it twice, a positive sighn is I heard power go to the bass during sstem start up, not a sound, but it shows that there some power to the ports I moved pci slots again and having the obo disabled or on auto does not help. I had anti virus disabbled when I did the re-install, for som reason the volum control detects the x-fi, but as I said earlier the actuall device is not. I think that the "x-fi" detected is a service/driver/dll that interacts with the card, like a middle man between the "driver" were I was changing the preferences. it is working because I hear sound through headphones in front bay, and I tried pluging them into back bay, but no sound. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back