X1800XT Final Temps

Status
Not open for further replies.

NFiltrateG4

Hey guys I have recently posted on this forum. My final situation is this. I am totally scared to death about breaking this X1800XT i have. So I want it to be cooled efficiently w/o using aftermarket coolers or watercoolers. Basically jsut keep it stock. My temps on the videocard for me is 59c on idle and 85c on full power (Age of Empire III, and Quake 4 to name a few games). Am I safe at this temperature and have the default setting + stock cooler do its business? Or should I use ATI Tool to change the fan speed to 50-75percent full time?

Oh and one more question. Will using ATI Tool and changing the speed of the fan might destroy my videocard quicker?

X1800 and X1900 cards usually run that hot. So it's not a problem. I myself have 2 X1900s and they run at around 80C on idle and 92C at full load. This is with watercooling installed(before u get any ideas :D).
And yes, lowering the fan speeds will destroy it quicker since it will then overheat due to insufficient cooling.

Oh no no on i didnt mean lower the fan speed lol. I meant raise it up from default speed to 75percent near full speed. Will raising the speed of the fan make the life of my videocard dwindle?

Rage_3K_Moiz said:
X1800 and X1900 cards usually run that hot. So it's not a problem. I myself have 2 X1900s and they run at around 80C on idle and 92C at full load. This is with watercooling installed(before u get any ideas :D).
And yes, lowering the fan speeds will destroy it quicker since it will then overheat due to insufficient cooling.
Jesus christ that is blazing hot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back